LAST CHANCE for the Long Hidden Kickstarter to add artwork to every story!Mar 30th, 2013 | By Bart Leib | Category: CG Blog
The Kickstarter for Long Hidden: Speculative Fiction From the Margins of History is almost over!
Long Hidden has passed the second stretch goal: we’re adding ~10 stories/~50,000 words to the anthology! Now Long Hidden will be huge, ~30 stories/~150,000 words!
There are ONLY 36 HOURS left to the Kickstarter (it ends on Sunday at 11:59pm EDT) and we are trying to reach one final stretch goal to make Long Hidden even more impressive. If we can top $30,000, every story in Long Hidden will be accompanied by original black-and-white artwork!
And as an extra goal: If the Kickstarter tops 1,000 backers, then Long Hidden will have full wraparound cover artwork, and all backers will receive a desktop wallpaper of the artwork for their computers!
As of this post the Kickstarter is at $23,866, from 922 backers. $6,134 and 78 backers in 1 1/2 days is going to be tough, but we believe we can do it! But we’re going to need help!
If you haven’t, please consider pledging to the Kickstarter – this the last chance! Link here: http://kck.st/15nchjG There are still lots of terrific rewards available, including several that are limited:
- Long Hidden hardcover! (24 of 50 left) – A signed, numbered, limited-edition hardcover of Long Hidden! Bundled with the ebook.
- Victor LaValle signed books! (1 of 1 left) – Signed hardcover copies of LaValle’s Big Machine and The Devil in Silver! Bundled with a trade paperback copy of Long Hidden, and the ebook.
- Tiptree package! (1 of 1 left) – This was taken, but the backer changed their choice of reward! Signed copies of 3 James Tiptree, Jr. Award-winning books: Filter House by Nisi Shawl (2008); Redwood and Wildfire by Andrea Hairston (2011); and Ancient, Ancient by Kiini Ibura Salaam (2012)! Bundled with a trade paperback copy of Long Hidden, and the ebook.
- Custom short story! (1 of 1 left) – This was taken, but the backer changed their choice of reward! Author An Owomoyela will write an original story no less than 2000 words according to your prompt! Bundled with a trade paperback copy of Long Hidden, and the ebook.
- Interior and cover layout for your book! (1 of 2 left) – These were both taken, but one of the backers changed their choice of reward! Crossed Genres co-publisher Bart Leib will do the layout for your novel, collection or anthology! Bundled with a trade paperback copy of Long Hidden, and the ebook.
- Pick the brains of the publishers or editors! (4 of 4 left) – Be treated to a nice dinner by the editors Rose Fox and Daniel José Older, or the publishers Bart Leib and Kay Holt! Ask them whatever questions you want about writing, editing, publishing, and more! Bundled with a signed book, a trade paperback copy of Long Hidden, and the ebook.
- Writing workshop! (4 of 4 left) – Author and Long Hidden co-editor Daniel José Older will lead his 2-3 hour writing workshop “Unraveling Gender and Power In Literature and Life” for up to 10 people. Each attendee will receive a signed copy of Daniel’s collection Salsa Nocturna, plus a trade paperback copy of Long Hidden, and the ebook.
And whether you have or not, please help us (or continue helping us) spread the word about Long Hidden! The only way we’ll reach the art goals is if lots more people hear about the Kickstarter! Blog/Facebook/Tumblr posts, G+, Stumbleupon, tweets – you can snag the Kickstarter ‘widget’ from the “embed” button at the top of the project’s main page, and put it on your site!
We would really love to add art, giving the anthology an extra, exciting visual component. And we’d love for you to get it for nothing extra! We think that this is a very important anthology and we want to make it as amazing as possible.
=) Thanks everyone!