Crossed Genres Publications is currently OPEN for submissions of completed speculative fiction novels.
What to include in your submission:
- Your personal contact information, including applicable credits (in the email’s body)
- A cover letter containing a detailed yet concise synopsis of your novel
- The first ten (10) pages of your novel. DO NOT send the entire novel!
To submit your novel, please use the submissions form. Write the title of your novel and your name in the Subject line. Submission attachments must be .doc, .docx or .rtf. NOTE: Crossed Genres Publications does NOT accept Multiple or Simultaneous submissions for novels.
- 12 pt. Times New Roman or Arial (Courier is evil)
- Single-spaced, line between paragraphs
- Italics for italics, Bold for bold, etc.
Beyond the above we’re not picky, but please don’t get too “creative”: no blue paper/fonts, 18-pt Copperplate Gothic chapter titles, or 2-inch margins. (Yes, we have seen these.)
What are we looking for?
Manuscripts between 50,000 and 100,000 words (Firm). The story must be Science Fiction and/or Fantasy; blending of other genres is fine, but not required.
We tend to favor character-driven stories, but that doesn’t mean we won’t appreciate a strong action piece. Make your characters fascinating and your plot engaging. Read some of our previous publications to get an idea of what we like. Things we want to see MORE of:
- Queer characters
- Characters of Color
- Women MCs
- Disabled characters
- Science saves the day!
- Far future
- Stories set outside North America
Beyond that, there is no hard-and-fast rule; any story that follows the above guidelines will be considered.
What are we NOT looking for?
While Crossed Genres will consider any submissions, we’re unlikely to be interested in concepts which seek to build on currently popular themes. If you’ve described your novel as “[Bestselling Novel #1] meets [Bestselling Novel #2]“, it’s probably not what we’re looking for. The below will be very hard sells:
- Stories based off the assumption that any particular religion’s beliefs are real
- Weak women being rescued by macho guys
- Vampires, zombies or werewolves
- Arthurian retellings
- Eurocentric faeries
- Time travel
- Ghost stories
Though it should go without saying, any submissions promoting discrimination, bigotry, and/or hatred will be deleted without notice or consideration.
NOTE: CGP is NOT accepting submissions of short story collections!
Crossed Genres will pay an advance of $250 for accepted novels, paid on publication. After the novel has earned out the advance, the author will receive royalties based on sales.
Crossed Genres takes first worldwide ebook and print rights for a period of three (3) years.
|Back to main Submissions page|